On today’s NOTICE News: Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives grilled former Twitter executives over what they say was censorship in the lead up to the 2020 election. Plus: How theater chains are trying to get you back to the movies. Here’s a transcript of the show.
- The top Republican on the House of Representatives’ Oversight Committee says Twitter wrongly censored a story just before the 2020 election. What was that story about?
- For what reason did Twitter say they made a mistake?
- Why do you think the Hunter Biden story is such a sensitive issue, on both sides of the political spectrum?
- What is the only entity of the government that can bring charges against someone? Also, what does that then leave Congress with only the power to do in regards to a potential crime?
- What do movie theaters say is causing the greatest impact to audiences going to movie theaters?
- What are ways movie theaters have attempted to boost concession sales?
- Democrats feel it is a waste of time investigating the story regarding Hunter Biden’s laptop, but Republicans on the House’s Oversight Committee are determined to investigate it. Is the issue regarding Hunter Biden’s laptop a worthy use of Congressional time and taxpayer money? Why might some feel strongly that it isn’t, but some feel strongly that it is?
- While many love being able to stream new movies in the comfort of their own homes, it of course is detrimental to the business of movie theaters. What are the advantages and disadvantages of primarily streaming movies rather than watching them in a theater? Which do you prefer, and why?
- A lack of content is a key reason that people aren’t going to the movies, according to the theaters themselves. Considering the movies you’ve seen and enjoyed over the years, can you think of what might be some reasons for that lack of content being put out? What types of films would you like to see more or less of, and why?
- Our lead story today: Former Twitter Execs Tell Republicans They Made Mistake On Hunter Biden Laptop Story (Reuters)
- A good explainer of the Hunter Biden laptop story from the left-leaning website Vox
- What Democrats say: U.S. House Republicans Step Up Probes Of Biden, White House Sees Partisan Attack (Reuters)
- The latest: Death Toll In Turkey, Syria Quake Tops 33,000; Turkey Starts Legal Action Against Builders (Reuters)
- Movie Theaters Get Creative With Food and Drink as They Struggle to Fill Seats (NBC Local News)
- On the lighter side – because the whole video is hilarious: 14 dancing dogs form conga line for Guinness World Record (UPI)